Monday, November 23, 2009

Two Days Of Gratitude Are Better Than One

I know soooooo many people were disappointed when I didn't post yesterday, but I was very sick this weekend.  I'm not good at being sick, I whine incessantly.  Luckily, I'm the only one around to hear my moaning, so I don't feel too bad.  Sometimes it's hard to be an adult, and when I'm sick I just want to be taken care of, and that is what I whine about, in case you wondered.
Yesterday, I was grateful for:
  • my daily gratitude list that I write here, because it forced me to at least think of gratitude, on a day I normally would not
  • A queen-sized bed, that allows me to just roll to the other side of the bed, when one side gets dirty (sorry, but it's true)
  • patient dogs with amazing bladder control
  • Hymns
Today I was grateful for:
  • Bleach, I love the smell of bleach
  • Clean clothes
  • Good friends (by that I mean friends who are also good people)
  • and health
  • A toothbrush and Listerine (there is no substitute for Listerine)
  • lots of pretty new bruises to look at because of an adventure I had in the middle of last night
  • Chap Stick
P.S.  I am also extremely grateful that my life is not the basis for a movie on Lifetime, or a documentary entitled "Six Hundred And Fifty Pound Virgin: The Weight Is Over."   Why, why,why, would anyone allow such a thing?

2 comments:

Gastrogal. said...

So does that mean I am not a good friend?

Saralou said...

No, you actually qualify as a great friend:)