Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 12th

It is only November 12th, but this month already feels quite stale to me.  Life has been tough lately, not just for me, but also for many people that I care about.  Something is in the air ( besides swine flu,) I guess.
       Tonight I find myself in a negative frame of mind, and frankly, that needs to change.  I believe in the power  of thought, both positive and negative, and I can't afford to waste energy on the negative right now.  Even though many people make gratitude lists in November, I tend to write these little reminders to myself whenever I am struggling.
         I am a writer; that is how I process life best.  I hear my own voice more clearly through writing.  Thoughts that bounce off the corners of my mind are stable, and tangible when written. Although I have been trying to think positively all day, here is my list of things that I am grateful for today, because I know that if I write them down, my blessings will become my reality.

  • My family
  • My friends
  • chocolate chips, and cough drops (nice combo, don't you think?)
  • My bed, I love my bed
  • The ability to exercise
  • Satin pajamas-I wish I could wear them 24/7
  • My Home
  • Music
  • The knowledge that I have everything that I need, if not everything I want
  • lots of cell phone minutes
  • Stories of all types, whether they be spoken, sung, written down, or visualized.
Writing this list has, indeed, helped me helped me tonight.  As a result, there will be more to come the rest of the month.

No comments: