Friday, November 06, 2009

Meet My Mascots

Since I am single, and live with a roommate, my bedroom is "my space," my "sanctuary" from the rest of the world.  As such, it is very important to create, a happy, peaceful, and positive environment in my bedroom.  My two mascots sit atop my bed frame and help me to feel peaceful and positive.

My Lion is a fairly new addition, but he serves to remind me that I am loved.  After he got tossed in the washer, and his once lovely mane became irreversibly matted, I learned not to judge a lion by his mane. He is still the perfect guy to hold when I'm having trouble sleeping.  He also reminds me that absolutely everyone has bad hair days.  

Kermit The Frog, (Kermie, to those that love him) has been with me for five years.  He has the distinction of being the only thing I have ever purchased off of E Bay. I can't really say when my obsession with him began, but my love for him runs deep.  He always is there, with his perma-grin,  constantly smiling my way.   Kermie reminds me to

keep smiling, and stay positive, even though it's not    always easy being green.
       I have never been the type of girl to collect dolls or stuffed animals, but I love my mascots, and consider them to be a big part of my having a positive attitude.

No comments: