Monday, November 02, 2009

The Learning Channel Is Scary

      I am one of those people who always has the TV on in the background.  Background noise is comforting to me. I often have the TV going while I am cleaning in another room, reading, or even while listening to music at the same time.
       I was actually watching TV on Halloween night, when I stumbled onto the TLC series, "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant."  In the spirit of Halloween, all of the cable networks were airing frightening or spooky shows, and "IDKIWP" was the scariest thing TLC could muster.  Not that I'm complaining, it certainly does a good job of scaring me each time I see an episode.  However, the TLC show that frightens me the most is "Jon And Kate Plus Eight," but that is a topic for another post.
        As I was watching the show, there were a couple of statements made by the anouncer that had me laughing so hard I had to write them down for future reference.  I'm sure I will find a way to work these soon-to-be-classic quotes into my creative writing assignments.  But in the meantime, I just had to share the joy here.  Imagine if you will, the announcer delivering these two jewels, in his most dramatic, cliff-hanger voice, before  each  respective commercial break.

"What came out of Glynis' pant leg will startle and amaze everyone in the room."  Yes, Glynis was amazed when the nurse told her that there was a baby in her pants...
AND
"This fall night will take a bizarre twist when she finds herself attached to the toilet."  How was she attached to the toilet?  By the umbilical cord, of course!

After all that drama what more can I say?  The last time I checked there wasn't a baby hiding in my pants, but you never know what may happen on a crazy fall night.
You know that was just a bad joke, right?

No comments: