Friday, January 01, 2010

What A Difference A Day Makes

      Dear January,
You are so cool!  No, really, I think you're awesome!  You are like the only month of winter that I like, no other month compares to you.  I have liked you for a long time now (almost 24 whole hours), and my like/love will no longer be repressed.  I know it's kind of retro, but my like/love for you could not be contained in a text message, so I had to pass you this note.
        Only you, January, have the power to stop making people feel that money spent on gifts=love felt.  If I could, I would shower you with really nicely made Dimondique  products from QVC to show my appreciation.  But diamondique is still kind of expensive, and anyway, I know that you aren't into that kind of thing.  You keep things real.  I mean, you are so not fake, and I really like/love that about you.
       January, I have to tell you that I think you are like so freaking amazing for making self improvement seem not only cool, but possible!  I mean, everyone knows that February will never measure up to the standards you set.  28 days in a month compared to 31?  Thats seems a little sketchy to me.  I mean what an under achiever.  Human Rights day compared to Valentine's Day?  Duh!
      January, you elevate humanity, and make me believe that my best self is possible!  I will get a C in English this term!  January, you may be the coldest month of the year, but you know just how to harvest hope within my heart; and for that, I will like/love you every day of this blessed month!  Don't ever change, Man!
xoxo.
Saralou

1 comment:

Jen said...

you are such an awesome writer! I am totally entertained and looking forward to a whole set of posts not yet read!