Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monday's List: The Shove

Alright I know today is Tuesday.  I am also aware that I didn't post last week.  I was having a mental health  week, and I don't think anyone was too devastated by my absence.  But now I am back.
     Today I woke up positively drenched in sweat, and with a pounding, split-my-head-open migraine.  I hate waking up with a migraine.  It makes me feel instantly defeated, before I even get out of bed.  Which, except for bathroom breaks, I didn't really accomplish until about eight tonight.  Once I was officially up, I knew I needed to get some food down before my next dose of pills.
      And thus began The Shove...
      The Shove is a very technical term I use to describe what happens when I am really hungry, but have absolutely no energy to feed myself.  In this state, standing up to get a plate is too much to ask, let alone peeling a boiled egg.  All food consumed must be ready to eat as is,  even warming something in the microwave is a stretch.  Which means that I end up eating really healthy stuff like an entire bag of chips...
    
Tonight's Shove included:
  • A Fiber One bar 
  • Lots of Triscuits
  • A bag of microwave popcorn
  • A few carrots
     Way to go, Me! I will try to eat extra healthy tomorrow.
      At this point, it should be noted that I am neither bulimic nor anorexic.  You will just have to trust me on this  

No comments: