Saturday, December 05, 2009

Some Advice

      To the random boy who showed up on my doorstep at 9:00 tonight looking for Kelly.  And also Kelly.
       "Uh sorry, I must have the wrong house, or do I?" he asks as a look of horror quickly crosses his face
       First of all, Sir, I know I look hot with my matted hair, bright red nose and dog hair covered sweats, but you are way to young for me.  So sorry to disappoint you.
      Secondly, when I found out that you did not know Kelly's last name I began to wonder, because 'round these parts a proper blind date begins before the hour of nine.  Also, most people know the last names of their blind dates.  As someone who has made the same mistake in a moment of desperation, that is what this "date" smells like; desperation.  AKA the internet dating hook-up.
       Kelly, dear, this "date"will lead nowhere fast, but perhaps you already know that. In the future, let me suggest, that you find out, a young man's first and last name, at a bare minimum, before you give out your home address.  Thanks for listening, and good luck out there.

1 comment:

Jen said...

HA! This coming from a girl who has more dates on the line than any phone pal can keep straight! Maybe the poor guy just got them confused. Kelly, Karri, Katie, Karen etc.

I am just kidding friend. You are hot, that is why you have this problem