Thursday, June 03, 2010

New!

     Over the past couple of months, there have been some changes happening at my house.  First, we ripped out the disgusting carpet in the front room.  The combination of my wheelchair wheels, two dogs, and several roommates' cats, helped to ensure that the carpet was declared dead almost two years ago.  Since then, I have just been quietly noting the speed of its decay, and trying to find a workable solution.
     
When I finally found the right type of laminate to match the flooring in the kitchen and laundry areas, I was a very happy girl.  In April, my awesome sister and brother in law installed the laminate in the front room and office.  This is the third floor that Alison and Mike have installed for me, and I really appreciate all of their help.

Since then, my roommate Molly, has been slowly painting each room in the condo, whenever she has down-time.  The new flooring and paint have made a huge difference to the whole feeling of our home.  I love seeing the blue kitchen first thing in the morning with the sunlight streaming in, or being in the calming green of the front room any time of day.  Both Molly and I used to shun the general dinginess of the front room, instead preferring to give the space to the animals of the house.  Now, it is a very pleasant room that we are both drawn to, I can finally fulfill my promise to host family home evening for the mid-singles.  Yay!
Before
Next (minus most furniture)
After
This shot shows the green better

The Kitchen Before
And After but this shot make the blue look lighter than it really is
Laundry Room After
Molly's Bathroom After.  I should have put the lid down before taking this picture.

3 comments:

josefett said...

Your house now looks very, very nice, it has more light and the colors have given more life, and the floor looks great. Sara congratulations for your house, I'm so happy for you because I know how you love your home. I hope you can get the happiness than you deserve.

Coordination Queen said...

The living room looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

It keeps saying new but this post has been up for a long time. Oh and the appartment looks great.